Recent Make-Up Looks



I think a lot of people have a "staple" look, the one you go to when you want to look fancy, but don't have any time to experiment with colour or new products. This one's mine: Mac 'Ruby-Woo' on the lips, Sugar Pill 'Love+' under the eyes and the cut-crease is a red pencil rubbed in my pinky and blended over with a black eyeshadow. Dead easy! I wore it to an art auction the other night.


I've been having fun with my Too Faced Sugar Pop eyeshadow palette lately. This look is 'Blue Raspberry' (weirdly named because it's actually a nearly-matte turquoise) from the palette on the lids, blended out with some browns and bronzes.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new haircut, dear! It looks really amazing in you and it suits your pretty complexion perfectly.
    With that said, I agree most people have a signature look (mine being a quite simple combination of black liner eye-cat, and burgundy lips. However, if I am in a hurry, I am not able to apply eyeshadow as well as you do, that always takes me twenty minutes at least. You are my make up hero!

    Have a lovely week.

    Violette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Violette! Ah, no, this is only my "fancy" staple look. My everyday work look is no foundation, winged eyes and quick swipe of eyeshadow. I have to do eyeshadow even if I'm in a rush though because I've got hooded lids and a prominent brow-bone so I look really odd without it! :P x

      Delete
  2. Love this look! And beautiful as always. :)

    //Re: I couldn't agree more with you. All the items get so much more special as well! Yes, I saw it first on Instagram too, what a great place to promote and reach people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! Yeah, instagram's pretty great for that sort of thing x

      Delete
  3. the hair cut really suits you well ali. me personally, i fear the short haircut, at a certain age some women just wear short hair and it makes them look old... on you it fine, no change, it frames your face quite nicely and accentuates your long pretty neck...

    i love the teal, try teal eyeliner too (i love teal liner with heavy mascara)... it compliments your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pal! I think it's nice to have short hair for a bit and then grow it out again, just so you can have a bit of change and keep the hair from going dead at the ends.

      Teal eyeliner sounds amazing!! I might need to give that a go one day x

      Delete
  4. Looks wonderful! I love your haircolor so much!

    ReplyDelete