Permanent Purple Hair

I've been having problems lately with the colour of my hair fading too quickly. I normally use semi-permanent hair dye such as Crazy Color or Fudge paintboxes since wild, unnatural hair colours are only widely available (as far as I used to be aware anyway) as semi-permanent for some reason. When I was at the hairdressers last time, however, they tried me out with a permanent purple (and a permanent black, as usual) to see how that goes. I'm really excited to see how long it lasts this time compared to the semi-permanent stuff. The ends have faded slightly already because that's where my old green colour is still growing out, but the top of my head still looks great! I plan to keep it topped up now and then with fudge paintboxes to keep it vibrant but at least I have a strong permanent base to begin with.


Here are the photos the hairdresser took. I go to a training salon called UConcept Hairdressing Academy. You can see their facebook page here.


Wearing purple nail varnish to go with my hair


And it was a sunny day too so I got my fishnets out. (Please ignore my husband's feet butting in on the photo)


Here you can see me wearing false eyelashes (which I never do!) and my snake necklace. I also got a new attachment for my labret which I'm pretty pleased with.


... and I found these earrings in Claire's which I love. They're all spiky and thorny and cool. I can only wear one since the hole in my right ear closed up after the wedding, but I think that looks ok.

14 comments:

  1. You are so pretty! <3 Aaa I love everything xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those earrings. Love the new hair and nails, gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naelle! I wish I could have lovely multi-coloured hair like yours sometimes, but purple and black are ok too :D x

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! They did a great job and I love the whole look. I also go to a training salon since it's a lot nicer on my wallet. And that dress is really flattering on you. It's simple and I'm sure it goes with a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren :) Yeah, if you're not too scared about your hair being totally perfect, training salons are the best. To be fair, I've never had a bad experience though - they've always done a great job on my hair! x

      Delete
  5. wow the hair looks amazing! Purple and black, the best combination and it looks so great!
    Those earings are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linnea :) I know - I never get sick of purple and black things!

      Delete
  6. You look beautiful, so it's hard to get wrong with any colours, and although I love seeing both the blue and the purple on you, I understand the need of a simple colour , Sometimes hair just gets to demanding of our life's :P
    I've had that colour before and I love it, but I must say it looks stunning on you, very diva like, I love it, and it is very well done, you can totally see the blue.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, missy! Yeah, the photos do make it look blue, but in real life it's a nice deep purple which is nice. It definitely has blue tones through it though :) Your colour, at the moment, is gorgeous by the way! x

      Delete